The Assembly Point is by the tennis courts behind the huts. Please use the nearest exit. If further evacuation is required, staff will be instructed either by a senior member of staff or the fire fighter in charge.
A. ON DISCOVERING A FIRE
1. Raise the alarm.
2. Evacuate the building using the nearest safe exit and proceed to the Assembly Point, following the procedure in paragraph B below.
3. Telephone the emergency services: Dial 999 and ask for the fire service, giving your name and address. Having the address is essential:-
Hyderi Islamic School
Norbury Manor High School, Kensington Avenue,
Thornton Heath, Surrey, CR7 8BT
4. Notify the Madressa office
5. ONLY IF IT IS SAFE TO DO SO, should an attempt be made to put out the fire, using the available and appropriate fire fighting equipment. In all other circumstances, WAIT for the fire service to arrive.
B. IN THE EVENT OF A FIRE:
1. When the alarm sounds, staff in each classroom should lead the students to the Assembly Point by the shortest, safest route.
2. All personal belongings should be left behind.
3. Teachers and students will proceed in an orderly manner to the Assembly Point.
4. Teachers should check that all rooms within their area are clear and should shut all doors and windows behind them.
5. Safety permitting, senior staff should check all rooms, toilets and other areas where classes are not necessarily held.
6. Teachers MUST bring their class registers with them.
7. At the Assembly Point, each teacher will check the children against the register in their possession and report to a senior member of staff. Teachers should do their best to ensure every individual is accounted for.
8. If any individual is unaccounted for, ONLY the fire fighters may authorise a search of the building.
9. Silence must be maintained at all times except where registration is taking place.
10.Teachers and students will wait at the Assembly Point until told by the fire fighters that it is safe to re-enter the building once the all clear has been given.
11. Following the alarm and evacuation, the fire alarm log must be completed.
THE SAFETY OF ALL INDIVIDUALS IS PARAMOUNT AND ANY INSTRUCTIONS GIVEN BY THE FIRE SERVICE SHOULD BE ACTED UPON IMMEDIATELY.
C. FIRE DRILL PROCEDURE:
1.. A Fire Drill should be carried out at least once every term.
2. A nominated member of Madressa staff will activate the fire alarm.
3. On completion, the Fire Drill must be recorded and signed by the member of staff who activated the alarm.
4. All actions during the Fire Drill must conform to the procedure set out under Paragraph B above.